Assistant General Manager - Peterborough. £250.00 - £270.00 per day.
Your new company
An NHS Trust
Your new role
The Assistant General Manager will work closely with the Senior Divisional Management and Clinical Business Unit (CBU) teams to deliver operations within the Division, in line with the multidisciplinary strategy and vision that enables the delivery of the Trust objectives.
With the support of the Divisional General Manager and in partnership with the CBU Leads manage the Trust’s future; provide a visible, effective and shared leadership, ensuring:
Effective day to day management of operations, delivery of quality measures and sound financial management Robust governance systems are in place
The Assistant General Manager will participate in the Trust’s senior manager on-call rota.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant Master’s degree or First degree and management qualification, MBA or equivalent Project management qualification
- Health Care Professional with relevant professional registration.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Substantial recent general management experience in the NHS with responsibility for operational matters including, staff management, budgetary responsibility, performance targets, waiting list management, discharge arrangements.
- Evidence of delivery of key targets including quality and financial targets and commitment to on-going service improvement Proven experience of successful change management and service redesign.
- Evidence of ability to assess operational demand and develop appropriate capacity in response.
- Experience of successful operational delivery against cost improvement programmes.
- Experience of successfully implementing policies and procedures in a healthcare environment.
- Evidence of effective handling of patient and staff concerns and complaints and incident audit
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring of multidisciplinary staff
Knowledge and Skills
- Developed understanding statutory obligations including CQC standards and compliance obligation and other statutory and regulatory regimes relating to healthcare provision.
- Knowledge of NHS reporting regimes including compliance with performance targets, and effective pathway management
- Knowledge of local Policy and Procedures and evidence of action to drive compliance and high standards Understanding of the NHS operating context and related commissioning contracts
- Ability to use MS Office to create reports
- Ability to negotiate and persuade teams and individuals at all levels to deliver against their objectives.
- Ability to prioritise workloads, manage time and deliver against objectives while working under extreme pressure.
- High standards of verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about putting patients first
- Open transparent and engaging leadership style which focuses on enablement
- Relentless in ensuring team’s focus on best patient experience and best patient outcomes
- Engages team in drive for continuous improvement
- Ensures collective local ownership of risk
- Advocates, drives and role models optimum flexibility and efficiency
- Credible advocate for the unit inside and outside the hospital
- Understands the value of everyone in the team, driving best performance through fair, consistent and objective people management
- Seeks ways to overcome challenges
- Flexible approach to work and working hours – Happy to directly support front line service delivery, as required, in line with personal competencies
- Ability to travel in locality and wider afield for business purposes
Key responsibilities include a number of tasks categorised under:
- Managing Performance
- Financial Management
- People Management
- Undertake Division-wide responsibilities as identified by the Divisional General Manager, e.g. risk register, annual business planning process
What you'll get in return
Commensurate with this contract role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.