IRISS are hosting a workshop at the Social Services Expo on 18 March 2014, and are looking for older people and carers to help shape their sessions as a voice of experience.
Fit for the Future is a joint IRISS and Scottish Care project working to support the independent sector to deliver inspiring outcomes for older people.
This is an opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with a group of your peers and have some fun!
What is the event?
Fit for the Future: An independent sector project
An interactive workshop where participants will be given an opportunity to make real changes to imagined services to build a better future for older people in Scotland.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand more about the opportunities presented by Reshaping Care for Older People
- Experience the benefits of working with older people to design services
- Share ideas and resources with your peers
- Gain practical experience of the work being done by the joint IRISS and Scottish Care Fit for the Future project
- Have created something that you are proud of!
Who is the invitation for?
An older person or carer who would like to have their voice heard and would feel comfortable working in a group. The sessions are designed to be fun and interactive!
What would your commitment be?
- One-day planning session (Monday March 10th in Glasgow, half day event Tuesday 18 March in Edinburgh) with lunch included
- Full compensation for travel
If you are interested in being part of Fit for the Future’s Expo session, please call Rhiann Mclean on 07545696162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org