Social Care Wales are hosting a consultation event on the review of the Social Care Induction Framework at Cefn Lea Park, Newtown.
This consultation event will provide you with an opportunity to have your say on the proposed changes and it takes place on Wednesday, 24 May 2017, 10am – 3pm.
The Social Care Induction Framework (SCIF) has been available as an all Wales framework since 2001. Since then, it has been reviewed every four years, with the last review taking place in 2012. There have been many changes across the social care workforce in recent years that relate to national and local changes in strategy, policy and practice.
As a result, the content of the SCIF is outdated and not consistent with that of the Social Services and Well-Being (Wales) Act. This review aims to ensure that content reflects these changes and the new induction framework is fit for purpose.
Key changes as part of the review include:
- Title to be changed to ‘Health and Social Care Induction Framework’
- New sections for health and well-being
- Changes to language to reflect Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 and other key current policy and guidance
- Changes made to reflect the requirements set out in A Place to Call Home: A Review into the Quality of Life and Care of Older People living in Care Homes in Wales
- Period of time to complete the whole induction framework extended to 6 months with key sections identified for completion within first 12 weeks.