This free online short course is designed to help you learn more about autism, Asperger's and ADHD, their differences and the importance of understanding the classification, assessment and diagnosis.
In this course you will consider the often fine-lines between autism, Asperger’s and the subtypes of ADHD, as well as explore your own perceptions and assumptions of autism and ADHD along with commonly-held assumptions of classification and assessment.
This course has been developed jointly by University of Derby Academic Innovation Hub, University of Derby Online Learning and College of Life and Natural Sciences.
This course is endorsed by the ADHD Foundation. To learn more about the ADHD Foundation visit the ADHD Foundation website.
University of Derby Online Learning
The University of Derby Online Learning (UDOL) is the thriving distance learning division of the University of Derby. As a leading provider of online learning within the UK UDOL offers flexibility for many working professionals who are eager to continue their education but are unable to commit to full-time studies or return to university.
Benefits of Online Learning:
- Structured, supported and stimulating learning from experienced online tutors who are experts in their field.
- Easily accessible learning materials available online at any time of the day or night via the internet
- Access to extensive e-library facilities
- Affordable fees and flexible payment plans
- Choice of start dates – May, September or January
College of Life and Natural Sciences
The application of theory to practice is pivotal to operation and ambition of the College of Life and Natural Sciences.
Embedded within the vision of the College of Life and Natural Sciences are four key principles:
- Delivery of learning experiences valued by all
- Creation of enterprise from our academic endeavours
- Engagement in multi-disciplinary research with real-world impact
- Working to our strengths