Our unique psychotherapeutic counselling training uses a core model based on exploring the client’s past, present and future, then learning different techniques and skills which will help them heal, become whole, resolve their issues and achieve their goals.
Choose this course if you want to make great progress towards becoming a counsellor and be recognised for your therapeutic skills. If you already have a counselling qualification at Level 3 or equivalent, you can start this course in the second year.
- Become a Therapeutic Skills Practitioner (Dip CST.)
- Course Quality Checked by the National Counselling Society
- Join as an Associate member with many membership benefits including eligibility to join the Royal Society for Public Health.
- Stepping stone to the Society’s Accredited Register for Counsellors, recognised by the Professional Standards Authority. This is subject to completing further studies.
- Receive a QCF Level 4 Diploma from AIM Awards
- A clear progression path which can lead to professional counselling and Higher Education
* subject to terms and conditions
Course Length: 2 Years 300 practical hours in total
Applicants with Level 3 Counselling Skills or similar can complete this course in 1 year by starting at year 2.
Year One: Ten Modules as per Chrysalis Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
Year Two: Over 10 weekends, you’ll study the following six units:
- Working With a Client’s Present
Includes; Exploring the Client’s present issues and concerns and making decisions about the right course of action.
- Working With a Client’s Past
Includes; Exploring modalities, ideas and techniques which help you understand how the past affects the present.
- Working With a Client’s Future
Includes; Exploring where the client is going and helping them make progress
- Stress, Anxiety & Self-Defeating Behaviours
- Relationships, Bereavement and Loss
- Development, Motivation and Creativity
Includes; Working with Anger and Frustration; Personal Growth, Becoming a Therapist
Discover the full syllabus breakdown
Study Methods: Practical classroom work; Practice Groups; Homework assignments; Reflective Journal; Formally Supervised Placement Arrangement; Focus on practical work with no final exam.
Courses run nationally
Chrysalis have course venues all across the UK. For more information, click on the location nearest you.