A new new mobile phone/tablet App for the Edinburgh recovery community has been launched by the Edinburgh Alcohol and Drug Partnership.
The Addiction Recovery Companion (ARC) App is aimed at anyone in or seeking recovery and brings together information and tools to help people to access recovery services, organise their time and keep motivated to stay on track.
The key feature of the App is a regularly updated database of all of the recovery activity in Edinburgh – meetings, groups and events. There are over 150 regular events in the city and the app enables people to see what is going on in their area and use the information to plan their week. Recovery community groups, mutual aid groups and professional services will add information to let users know what is on.
Other features include:
- Easily access details of council support services, local recovery events, hubs and communities using our Recovery Network.
- Use the Calendar to help you schedule your time, book in your meetings and stay organised.
- Use motivational features such as quotes, stories or mindfulness activities to keep you motivated.
- Record important day to day moments and experiences in the Diary to keep track of thoughts, feelings and memories.
- You can keep track of what’s going on in the area using our community run and led Community Calendar.
- When things get really tough, or something goes wrong you can reach out to the people using the Emergency button