In 2014 the Health & Care Professions Council launched myHCPC, a mobile app for registrants. Its aim was to let you carry round everything about HCPC in your pocket – from standards to CPD advice. HCPC say the app could make a difference to the lives of hundreds of registrants, increasing their confidence on the job.
Last year, they invited feedback on the app’s structure, design and content and this resulted in several fixes that will be released in April.
HCPC tell us you can expect to see the following improvements:
- a visually engaging dashboard home screen, with instant access to core standards and an overview of the app’s content at a glance;
- a profession-specific filter, pulling through the only the guidance relevant to you – no more scrolling through fifteen irrelevant professions;
- revamped navigation, with a series of bold icons at the top of every page; and
- a new bookmarking tool, so you can save pages and sections for reference later
The Apps main features, include:
- Standards for all HCPC professions, automatically updated.
- Guidance on registration for all HCPC professions, automatically updated.
- Detailed breakdowns including information on fees, renewing your registration and raising a concern in the workplace.
- Guidance and standards for continuing professional development.
- Video guidance with direct links.
What registrants say:
'I used the myHCPC app to have easy access to Standards of proficiency for social workers to help me during my ASYE.'
Gary Spencer-Humphrey, Social Worker in England.
'Working overseas means we don't get regular updates from line managers or colleagues. You tend to live in a bubble here so having the app means you can keep up to date with any changes.' Sharon Bradshaw, Paramedic.
To download the App, visit:
- iTunes Store: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/my-hcpc/id897454596?mt=8
- Google Play Android: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.purpleagency.hcpc