Your new role
You will provide the knowledge, skills and experience by taking responsibility for complex cases.
To achieve this you will:
- Ensure complex and contentious case management issues are resolved so that positive and timely action can be taken to address risks
- Meet demands, in conjunction with Deputy/Team Manager.
- Deliver effective social work assessment, care planning and interventions in the most demanding, sensitive and complex cases to improve the safety, development and well being of children involved.
- Be able to work flexibly
What you'll need to succeed
This role will require you to bring expertise and advice, support, and guidance to the children’s social work team and ensure that you are updated on current practice, developments guidance, legislation and research.
- Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in social work or equivalent)
- Post qualification award in subjects related to child or family work
- Registered with the GSCC or application for registration
- Specialist knowledge of child care issues, legislation and policy and research
- Fostering experience is essential
- Ability to analyse, summarise and write/ record relevant information clearly and concisely so that it is easily understood by users and colleagues
- Ability to work as part of a team with children and families including working co-operatively with other professionals and agencies to meet the needs of the child
- Able to develop, implement and monitor robust care plans
- Ability to question, challenge, solve problems and complete tasks
- Skills and knowledge in listening to children and adults, in observation and in carrying out assessments of strengths and weaknesses within families.
- Able to undertake assessments of the most complex situations and most difficult family dynamics
- Evidence of ability to assist in the development of new policies and procedures to ensure best practice
- Demonstrable ability to take proactive action to resolve complex issues and problems in high risk situations
- Flexible and willing to champion change within the service change
- Takes responsibility for quality and completion of own work within standards
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to experience a rewarding, interesting environment alongside an attractive hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Virginia now on 01908 870257.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.