The Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland published six new local visit reports which include visits to NHS hospital wards and units, and a prison.
The reports highlight positive and negative findings from the Commission's visits, one of which was unannounced. The Commission makes recommendations for change where necessary and expects a response to each these within three months of the reports being published.
The reports are for:
- New Craigs Hospital, Willows Unit, Inverness (announced)
- HM Prison Greenock (announced)
- Gartnavel Royal Hospital, Kelvin Ward, Glasgow (announced)
- Gartnavel Royal Hospital, IPCU, Glasgow (unannounced)
- Netherton Unit, Glasgow (announced)
- Woodland View, Ward 8 (IPCU), Irvine (announced)
A Mental Welfare Commission spokesperson said: "We undertake over 100 local visits like these every year. By publishing our reports we hope to help share good practice where we find it, and call for change where services are lacking."